fredag 17. august 2012

Day 43,44 and 45

Days 43 and 44 were days off and apart from me updating the blog like a mad(wo)man nothing interesting happened.
Day 45 meant back on the road and Les came with us to Middleton-in-Teesdale to give his horse Fadlie a little something to think about (going out with a stranger, meeting cows and going into town). Juniblest had no problem keeping up with him although Fadlie is a very fast-walking arab - I think he was so happy about the company that he gave it all!
Les was very impressed with us riding up to a hole in the wall to get some cash out, me still on Juniblest of course =) That must be my favourite party trick!

We had lunch next to a dead sheep without noticing thanks to the direction of the wind, and without giving you any nightmares I don't think I've ever seen this many roadkills in a day as I did now.. I did not fancy lamb for dinner to put it that way....

Anyway!

As we came closer to Rookhope I met Val who owns the place I was staying at, and while we stopped for a long chat Juniblest had his Mum's-talking-to-someone-nap. A van came down the road so I turned the sleeping Juniblest's head a bit so that the van could pass, but it came too close and the mirror caught the saddlebag so hard it bent backwards! What did Juniblest do? Absolutely nothing! Literally. He was asleep and he's had his saddlebags bumping into so many trees and gates and walls he just wasn't bothered at all. Even I was impressed by that =)

Then, as we came around the bend to where we were staying a whole group of people had gathered to welcome us - for the first time on the whole journey! =p Val had shuffled all her guests out to wave and smile and take pictures and it felt fab!
We had a great time in the pub that night..... =)

Please remember that we are still fundraising for RDA and WHW...

Good to go!

Kirk Carrion, which apparently means "Church of the dead"...

Les and Fadlie

Money, money, money, on a pony....

Lunch time! Dead sheep lying next to the sign....



I am happy, I promise....

I love the North!

The really nice ice cream man who gave me two free flapjacks =)



Casper - the cat with a ghost face on his back! And Val =)

Blurry pub!

No farting in the bunk house!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar