søndag 12. august 2012

Day 40 and 41

On the 40th day we left Garsdale to go to Kirkby Stephen, the end of the Pennine Bridleway according to the map we got at Far Moor H&R B&B. Before we left I spoke to Les Spark's (the guy who made my saddle) wife and she told me that they were going away Saturday afternoon so I had to be there at lunch time. Therefore, I ended up finding accommodation for Juniblest a bit further north in Brough and for us humans in Kirkby Stephen. I didn't take any pictures of it (why, why?) but we decided to follow the main road from KS to Brough as it was a lot straighter and shorter, and because main roads have very nice grass verges =) This road soon turned into a dual carriageway, but that didn't bother Juniblest. Of course not...

He got the Friday off and the timing was absolutely brilliant as the weather was so hot he was sweating just from standing in his stable... I suspect he will do remarkably better in endurance in the winter than in the summer!

Remember RDA and WHW ;)

Us in front of an interesting thingy!

The dark rider....


An old house!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar