søndag 12. august 2012

Day 38

From Long Preston the Pennine Bridleway took us to Selside where there was a lot of confusion thanks to technology (I'll blame it on that). Basically, as we came closer I phoned up the place at which we were going to stay just to talk to a lady who had not heard about me and who had definitely not recieved a phone call this morning. As I often end up phoning several places before I find somewhere for us I tried another B&B for horses in the same area but they were not at home so it couldn't have been them. Freaking out slightly as Sina, who had the number I called in the morning saved on his phone, had been sent off ahead again and was somewhere outside mobile reception I decided to keep going and hope for the best. After a while he came cycling back to tell me we were just around the corner, and that he had met a very helpful woman. Long story short, the phone call I did in the morning was the right one and the second one must have been the wrong number or something. It really got me sweating for a few moments! I don't mind where I sleep but Juniblest sure needs food and water every night..

To help other horses get food and water every night, please donate some pounds to World Horse Welfare ;)
To help people with a wide variety of physical challenges get a good night's sleep after a riding session, please donate some pounds to Riding for the Disabled Association =)

We got some veteroplast (or something like that?) of the lady who owned the field in which Juniblest slept in Long Preston and I decided to try this instead of normal bandages. Turned out to work beautifully!

Juniblest asleep in the beergarden of a pub. Clearly, Health and Safety is a bit less strict in the North (Have I mentioned that I love the North?)

He's not eating the flowers even if it looks that way...

An Owl outside Far Moor Horse and Rider B&B. Owls are clearly following me! =S

The Warrior Princess and the Princess Pony =)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar