lørdag 28. juli 2012

Day 26 and 27

Juniblest got a day off on the Thursday and I went into Ashbourne to get some bandages for him because those legs keep swelling ever so slightly overnight. I don't like it and thought bandages would be worth a go. The original plan was to set off at 8am in the morning, but due to a rather interesting trip to the pub with the locals (whom I had slight difficulties understanding - a clear sign that I'm going North!) we set off a bit later...
Two of the guys from the pub decided they would visit me in Norway through a road trip on a tractor. I honestly hope they do!

In our lunch break I bumped into a birthday party for a lady who turned 90 that day and after managing to tell them that I had been a music student for the last three years I ended up in front of a crowd with complete strangers singing the Norwegian birthday song for someone I didn't know the name of =) Gotta love coincidences like that, eh?

As we hit the Pennine Bridleway about halfway in Juniblest came back from his shell. This was when I realised just how hard the last few days had been on him with the heat and all the roadwork... But his spark came back and he trotted freshly along the track in the slight breeze as the landscape changed from endless backroads to something between Lord of the Rings and Postman Pat. We were both surprised when we found our destination as we expected it to be much further on and Juniblest was all energetic and rude when we got there - a very good sign!
I tried bandaging his front legs and although the pressure was fairly even it looked very wonky...

Please go to these links and follow the instructions to get a nice surprise: RDA and WHW =)

View's alright around here =)

A bit of the Pennine Bridleway <3

*Lord of the Rings movie soundtrack* (Apart from the powerline)

Wonky-legs! My first bandaging in years...

"Let me out! I wanna go further!"

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar