mandag 23. juli 2012

Day 17

Due to a bit of a lousy internet reception lately I haven't updated the blog as often as I'd like to but to you that will mean a bit of an avalanche of blog posts now, so hopefully you'll be alright =) Basically, we're still kicking!

On the 17th day of our journey we left beautiful Gayton and Evergreen stables to go to Hill View Equestrian in Spratton. I imagined this would be a massive centre but it turned out to be a quiet private yard run by a lovely lady who sounded very surprised when I called her. That all made sense to me when I got there and realised that the only person down there was her =)

We ended up staying one day longer than planned because the place and the lady (and her dogs!) were so nice - and because Juniblest had been walking for two days straight and I really should stick to that "2 days ride, one day off" plan.

If you fancy supporting our two charities, please go to the following links: Riding for the Disabled Association or World Horse Welfare
I have finally managed to put all the physical cash people have given me along the road into their accounts =)

Picture time!
Beautiful Gayton

Especially when the sun shines!

Grey tail + mud = a mess...

We met an ent! (Lord of the Rings)

More of Gayton

We had time for a trip to the pub, Juniblest having a nap as always

We found an old train track!

Oooooh, train's coming! (Not really, it was parked..)

Juniblest pretending to be a train =)

At Hill View he was offered a bath and although he might have preferred to stay brown I couldn't resist it...

Bathed, fed and watered - happy pony =)

Cal the Northern Inuit and Moya the White German Shepherd <3

<3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar