onsdag 4. juli 2012

Day 2

We left Brympton Riding School on Monday morning with the RDA centre in Wilton as destination. Lovely Sally and her husband accommodated the two of us and helped me divide Tuesday's ride into two as I underestimated how long a ride with lots of luggage and tarmac roads would actually take... She gave me food, let me use the shower and sleep in a real bed - bliss!
Today's lesson was that saddle bags should not be too heavy and are better off in front of the saddle than behind it. Juniblest had pressure lumps from the bags when we arrived, but Sally put some alcoholic stuff on it. Read next post to see how that went ;)

And here's my standard little message that I will post in all the blog posts to remind my readers about my charities:
Remember that we're fundraising for Riding for the Disabled Association (www.justgiving.com/ponytriprda) and World Horse Welfare (www.justgiving.com/ponytrip). Any donations are much appreciated =)

Picture time!

Lovely area, not so lovely weather..

"It's raining almost straight down" - Braveheart quote =)

This looks like that scene from Lord of the Rings when the hobbits pick mushrooms and the Ringwraiths show up... We didn't see any.

We did see a white pony, though!

Lunch break at the side of the road. Someone loves the idea of long, long rides because he gets to eat loads of grass...

By now you all know how amazing Juniblest is, but I still have the need to show off how good he is with traffic because he does surprise me every now and then. Here we are on an A road; lorries, police cars - not a problem!


This tunnel was too low for the two of us so one had to hop off. That was me... ;)

Brilliant sign just before we got to the RDA centre =D

Stay tuned!



1 kommentar: