tirsdag 24. juli 2012

Day 21,22 and 23

A lot has happened these three days! I gave Juniblest the Saturday off but since I was too lenient with starch and sugar believing that he can cope with quite a lot since he's working so hard I had to give him Sunday off as well because I found him with a pulse in his feet Saturday evening. He does not show discomfort at all, but he has a pulse and his soles are quite soft so I'm monitoring him very closely. Full on laminitis is the last thing I want!
I lead him yesterday (Monday) just in case but he seemed alright so I might try to ride today. And have many breaks and keep a close eye on him. Not accept treats from anyone and all that. I have to be cruel to be kind to that pony...

I'll keep you updated!

To help us help horses in need please leave some pounds for World Horse Welfare
To support an amazing foundation please leave some pounds for Riding for the Disabled

Cooling feet down! Doing a bit of Parelli has turned out to be a massive blessing - I can just point to the stream and he'll go in. The slope we had to go down to get to this stream was so steep even I doubted it, and I never worry about slopes! Neither does Juniblest so he just walked/slid down it =)

Focus would be good...

How to stand when you're cooling your pony down... Thank you a thousand times, Juniblest, for not pulling me in!

Slow down for Willy the killer whale? It really looks like him, don't you think?

An alpaca! I realised here that the "lamas" we met earlier were alpacas... Therefore, they didn't speak Laman, but Alpacan.. =)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar